Aviation Lawyer Richland, WA
Aviation accidents are rarer than other types of motor vehicle crashes, but they tend to be much more likely to result in serious injury or death; this is one of the many reasons why it’s important to connect with an aviation lawyer Richland, WA trusts as soon as you can after you’ve been injured in an aviation accident or lost a loved one in a crash. Because aviation accidents are somewhat rare, victims and their loved ones are often unaware of their legal options after a crash. However, legal action is a possibility and one you should explore as soon as you can. The quicker you are to act, the easier it will be to gather evidence and build a strong case in your favor.
Give us a call:
The information below offers basic information about pursuing legal action after commercial and private aviation crashes. After reading, please contact Telaré Law to discuss your options through the process of a free initial consultation. Speaking with our Richland, WA aviation lawyer team doesn’t commit you to file legal action. However, doing so will empower you to make an informed decision concerning your options.
Who May be at Fault for the Crash?
Aviation accidents can have many causes and contributing factors, which is why it is so important to conduct a thorough investigation after each crash. A plane crash with one or more survivors is often easier to investigate than one with complete fatalities, but aviation regulators and personal injury attorneys regularly investigate both types of crashes.
Here are just some of the causes of airplane crashes that can be attributed to negligence:
- Pilot errors
- Ground control errors and miscommunication
- Faulty or defective equipment leading to liability from the aircraft manufacturer
- Failure to detect problems and regularly service the aircraft (on the part of aircraft owners and the mechanics they hire)
- Poor runway maintenance (on the part of the airport)
These are the most common reasons why aviation accidents occur (excluding those caused by difficult-to-control factors like bad weather and collisions with birds).
Commercial Airlines vs. Private Planes: How Litigation Differs
There are numerous differences between commercial and private plane accidents, both in the accidents themselves and in the litigation that follows. These include:
- Crash severity: Small-plane crashes are much more likely to include survivors than crashes among commercial airlines. Private plane crash victims may suffer serious and debilitating injuries, but their survival chances are greater than passengers in a commercial plane.
- Liable parties: Commercial airlines are huge in scope and heavily insured. When crashes occur, the size of litigation and potential payouts can be substantial. There are also likely to be numerous parties at fault for the crash, many of whom work for the airline.
Crashes in small planes typically involve fewer victims and fewer liable parties. Defendants may be limited to the airplane owner, his or her insurance company and any other directly involved parties.
- Type of Litigation: Smaller plane crashes often result in a standalone personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit filed by individual victims or their families. Commercial aviation accidents can and do result in mass-tort lawsuits involving a pooled group of plaintiff victims and their loved ones.
Contact us To Discuss your Options
Our firm is proud to help personal injury victims recover the compensation they need and deserve, including victims of aviation accidents. To learn more about your legal options, contact us today to arrange a free initial consultation with a Richland, Washington aviation lawyer you can trust.
Tri-Cities Medical Malpractice Lawyer
Whether you were injured by a doctor you trusted, misdiagnosed by a health care provider or experienced any condition that is the result of medical negligence, don’t settle, pursue your legal rights.
Tri-Cities Auto Accident Lawyer
If you have experienced trauma caused by negligent or reckless driving, you have the right to pursue compensation. Let our team of experienced accident attorneys handle the insurance company so you can recover.
Tri-Cities Truck Accident Lawyer
Trucking accidents occur when large vehicle drivers on the road are inattentive and not driving with the necessary precision given their significant loads.
Tri-Cities Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
If you’ve been involved in a motorcycle accident there are many steps you need to take and choosing the right attorney to represent your best interest is one of them.
Tri-Cities Wrongful Death Lawyer
When your family is a tragic victim of wrongful death, you need a law firm with experience handling wrongful death claims to help you with the insurance companies, fight for your family and protect the decedent’s rights.
Tri-Cities Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Every year there are dozens of pedestrian fatalities in Washington State. After being a victim of a pedestrian accident it’s hard to know the next steps.
Tri-Cities Nursing Home Neglect
When you put your loved one into a nursing home, you are putting their health and well-being into the hands of a trusted health care professional.
Tri-Cities Dog Bite Laywer
Dog attacks happen more often than you expect, every year millions of people are aggressively assaulted by a dog.