Kennewick Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
Experienced representation for motorcycle riders, passengers, and families in WA
The call of the open road can be irresistible. The great views along the Columbia and Yakima rivers and the beauty of Horse Heaven Hills bring motorcycle riders from all over the country. While the ease of riding and the inexpensive nature of traveling by motorcycle are appealing, the fact is that in a crash, motorcycle riders are at grave risk of injury. Many victims don’t survive the crash. Survivors often live with catastrophic injuries.
At Telaré Law, our Kennewick motorcycle accident lawyers are recognized in the Tri-Cities region for our skilled service to our clients. We are known as formidable litigators who refuse to settle a case when that’s not what is best for our clients. If you or your loved one has been critically injured in a motorcycle accident anywhere in Southeast Washington, contact us today to get started. We can help.
How can we help?
- Why are motorcycle accidents so deadly?
- What types of injuries do motorcycle accidents cause?
- What types of motorcycle accident cases do we handle?
- What are the causes of motorcycle accidents?
- Who is liable for a motorcycle accident in Kennewick?
- What motorcycle laws govern driving in Washington state?
- How much is my Kennewick motorcycle accident claim worth?
- What is the time limit for filing a motorcycle claim in Kennewick?
- Do you have a motorcycle accident lawyer near me?
Why are motorcycle accidents so deadly?
Motorcycle accidents are among the deadliest accidents and can cause the most catastrophic injuries. There are several reasons for these increased dangers:
- Motorcycles don’t provide much physical protection. They don’t have hoods, roofs, trunks, or side doors to cushion the blow of the crash. When a car or truck strikes a motorcycle, the motorcycle will absorb the force from the collision – but so, too, could a rider.
- Motorcycles are much smaller. Smaller sizes mean greater maneuverability, which is great when you’re riding. But it also means they can be literally crushed by a larger vehicle.
- Riders may literally fly on impact. Motorcycle drivers and passengers rarely stay on their motorcycles after a crash. They can be thrown from their bike, topple onto the hard asphalt, or be crushed by the vehicle that strikes them.
According to the Insurance Information Institute, more than 5,000 people in the United States died in a motorcycle crash in 2019, and 84,000 people suffered injuries. A motorcycle rider is nearly 29 times as likely to die in a crash than car passengers in a car crash.
What types of injuries do motorcycle accidents cause?
Motorcycle drivers and passengers often suffer catastrophic injuries or permanent injuries. Many victims live with constant pain. At Telaré Law, our attorneys handle complex, catastrophic claims involving injuries such as:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Amputation of arms, legs, hands, and feet
- Disfiguring burn injuries
- Spinal cord damage and paralysis
- Wrongful death
- Severe bone injuries, such as open fractures and compound fractures
- Damage to kidneys, lungs, and other internal organs
- Vision and hearing loss
- Nerve, muscle, ligament, and tissue damage
One type of injury that is common and unique to motorcycle accident victims is road rash. Road rash is skin damage that occurs when the rider’s body is dragged along the road. Victims with road rash often require skin grafts and plastic surgery, and some may need to have their limbs amputated. If not treated promptly, the risk of infection is high, and those infections may be fatal.
Motorcycle accident victims generally require surgeries, numerous doctor visits, and extensive rehabilitation care with therapists – and that’s just the care to stabilize and maintain their condition. Victims with catastrophic injuries often need continual healthcare for the rest of their lives.
Our Kennewick motorcycle accident lawyers work with your doctors and with doctors we’ve developed working relationships with to fully understand the medical treatments you need, and all the ways your injuries are limiting your ability to function, work, and enjoy life.
What types of motorcycle accident cases do we handle?
Telaré Law handles the following types of motorcycle accidents:
- Head-on crashes
- Broadside crashes
- Rear-end crashes
- Multiple-vehicle accidents
- Road defect claims
We work with investigators, the police, and accident reconstruction professionals to show how the accident occurred and who is responsible. Whatever the type of motorcycle accident, rest assured that our seasoned motorcycle collision lawyers have the experience and resources to help you obtain justice.
What are the causes of motorcycle accidents?
Many motorcycle crashes in Kennewick occur because a car or truck driver failed to be aware your motorcycle while driving – or failed to respect your right to be on the road. All riders (operators and passengers) can file claims when other drivers cause the accident, or a defective motorcycle part causes the crash. Passengers can also file claims if their motorcycle operator is negligent.
Some of the many caused of motorcycle accidents in Kennewick include:
- Failure to yield the right of way to the motorcycle operator
- Failure to see the motorcycle rider due to blind spots and other reasons
- Driver intoxication
- Driver distraction such as texting while driving
- Driver fatigue
- Speeding or other traffic violations
- Driving too fast for weather, traffic conditions, or road conditions
- Improper merging or turning
- Insufficient training on how to ride a motorcycle
Who is liable for a motorcycle accident in Kennewick?
At Telaré Law, our seasoned Kennewick motorcycle accident lawyers file claims against all negligent parties. Defendants may include:
- A driver of a car, truck, or another vehicle with four or more wheels
- Another motorcycle operator
- The owners of the vehicles driven by negligent drivers
- A maker of a defective motorcycle part (such as tires, brakes, handlebars, fuel lines, and helmets)
- A business that sells alcohol to a minor or a person who is visibly drunk who later causes an accident
- The Washington Department of Transportation or local entities or agencies that designed the roadway improperly, or failed to properly maintain and repair the roadway
What motorcycle laws govern driving in Washington state?
Washington requires that motorcycle owners and operators comply with the following requirements:
- The motorcycles must have proper equipment such as left and right mirrors, a passenger seat, and footrests for passengers.
- All riders must wear approved helmets and eye gear.
- No child under five years of age can be a passenger.
Motorcycle drivers in Kennewick must have an approved license. Education courses are required for drivers under 18 years of age, and highly recommended for riders over 18.
How much is my Kennewick motorcycle accident claim worth?
Many motorcycle accident cases have substantial damages because the injuries are so severe, the pain is so unbearable, and the medical costs are so high. Our personal injury lawyers demand compensation for all your losses, including:
- All medical bills including ER care, burn center care, hospitalizations, doctor visits, and rehabilitative care. Medical care also includes the cost of assistive devices and medications.
- Economic losses including lost wages, lost profits, and loss of benefits. This amount should compensate the victim for losses through the date of settlement or trial and any future losses due to a disability.
- Pain and suffering including chronic pain, inability to sleep, inability to function, anxiety, frustrations, worries, and stress.
- Scarring and disfigurement including the cost of psychological care.
- Loss of consortium because injuries affect the joy and support of the marital relationship.
- Property damage to a vehicle or other property.
If a spouse, parent, or child dies due to a Kennewick motorcycle accident, we also seek damages for funeral and burial expenses.
What is the time limit for filing a motorcycle claim in Kennewick?
Generally, all motorcycle accident and wrongful death claims must be filed within three years from the date of the accident. Some shorter time limits may apply. The best course of action is to always contact our skilled attorneys as soon as possible.
Do you have a motorcycle accident lawyer near me?
Telaré Law meets with clients in our office in Kennewick at 819 South Auburn St. We also have a Richland office. We see clients at their homes or the hospital when necessary.
Speak with an experienced Kennewick motorcycle accident lawyer at Telaré Law today
When catastrophic injuries happen, you need strong trial lawyers fighting for you. Telaré Law handles all types of motor vehicles cases including motorcycle accidents. We represent clients with injuries that change lives forever – injuries that never fully heal. Our Kennewick motorcycle accident lawyers understand your trauma and your fears. We’ll answer your questions and guide you through the claims process. We’re ready to try your case before a jury when necessary.
To schedule a free consultation, call our Kennewick injury lawyers at 509-737-8500 or fill out our contact form. We fight for motorcycle accident victims and families who live in Kennewick, Richland, Pasco, Walla Walla, and all Southeast Washington. We take all motorcycle accident cases on contingency.