Personal Injury Lawyer in Walla Walla, WA
A severe injury can seriously impact a life, but a personal injury lawyer in Walla Walla, Washington, can help you piece your life back together. Aside from the injury itself, recovering from a personal injury can be a long and challenging process, with headaches and paperwork that may even eclipse your accident. There are always complications with personal injury cases, and it’s worth considering a few examples to fully understand how disruptive an injury can be.
Your Injury is the Tip of the Iceberg
Car accidents are one of the most common causes of injuries. While some car accident-related injuries are more severe than others, all car accidents can cause a great deal of inconvenience on top of an already painful injury. For the sake of our example, let’s say you were driving along minding your own business before suddenly being t-boned by a distracted driver. Your car rolls over, and the next thing you know, you’re in the hospital being put back together. Those hospital bills are going to be expensive, but can you totally count on your insurance to cover everything? And what about your car?
Car accidents aren’t the only source of injuries. Sometimes, a serious injury can develop from a completely innocent slip and fall. It happens more than we’d like to think: someone is shopping in a store, and slips on wet tile. There was no “wet floor” sign to warn them, but what’s a fall to a grownup? If anything the embarrassment is the most painful part of the experience, right? Wrong. No matter how small the fall, there’s always the possibility of more serious medical problems developing from what seemed to be a minor accident. It’s always important to report slip and falls, and it’s better to be safe than sorry.
For our third example, let’s talk about how you can be injured in your own home. Workout equipment can be great for you, unless it’s faulty. If you purchased a workout machine, the last thing you’d expect is a heavy weight snapping off the machine and landing right on your foot. Shouldn’t it have been designed better? Now you’re out a machine and sitting in a hospital – and someone is going to have to pay the bills. It can be hard dealing with any kind of injury, but a personal injury lawyer in Walla Walla, WA, can help.
A Way Out?
Fortunately, each of these examples are ripe for personal injury compensation. In a car accident, the other driver’s negligence can be grounds for a personal injury case – and if your vehicle failed to keep you safe, the manufacturer could also be at fault. If you’ve injured yourself on a wet floor in a business and there was no sign to warn you, you may be able to prove the business was negligent, and in the event of faulty workout equipment, you can pursue compensation from the manufacturer.
A personal injury claim is a difficult challenge to undertake by yourself. Fortunately, a qualified personal injury lawyer can walk you through the legal process of securing proper compensation for yourself. An injury can mean lengthy absences from work, expensive hospital stays, and insurance companies that are hesitant to pay you the full amount you need to cover all of your expenses and debts. A personal injury lawyer is a valuable ally to have in challenging times, and at Telaré Law, we’re dedicated to ensuring our clients have all the information and legal assistance they need to get through their personal injury cases.
If you were injured because of someone else’s negligence, you could be facing a rocky path to finally getting better. But these financial pressures may complicate your journey back to normal. You should be focused on getting better, not focused on whether or not you can pay your bills on time. Reach out to an experienced personal injury lawyer in Walla Walla, WA, and contact Telaré Law today.
There are countless scenarios that are valid for a personal injury claim. If you or a loved one has been injured due to the negligence of others, the best thing you can do is contact Telaré Law and seek the counsel of a personal injury lawyer in Walla Walla, WA.
The law defines personal injury as an injury to the body, mind, or emotions. This is in contrast to an injury to property. Personal injury lawsuits fall under US civil and tort law. Tort law concerns acts that cause harm but are not necessarily illegal as with criminal law.
What Constitutes a Personal Injury Case?
There are thousands of different ways for someone to hurt you, and many of those ways could form the basis of a personal injury case. The essential factor is that the accident was the fault of someone other than yourself.
Here are a few common types of injury cases that a personal injury lawyer in Walla Walla, WA.
could assist you with:
- Workplace Accidents – Many workplace accidents include a third party other than your employer who may be at fault for your injury. A third party can be named in a workplace accident injury claim.
- Traffic Accidents – No matter what type of vehicles were involved—trucks, cars, motorcycles, or others—you are entitled to seek compensation from the driver, construction crew, parts manufacturer, or government agency responsible for your accident.
- Product Liability – If a defective or malfunctioning product injured you when you were using it correctly, you might be able to name the manufacturer in your personal injury claim.
- Premises Liability – If you are injured on another person’s property, he or she can be held legally responsible for any injuries you sustained, such as a fall or burn.
- Medical Malpractice – If you were hurt while under the care of a health care provider because of negligent or careless actions, you might be able to file a medical malpractice claim.
- Personal injury resulting in serious injuries or death of a family member
- Cases of assault and battery
- Insurance companies’ refusal to pay for medical expenses of the injured party or whose coverage is less than what was contracted
- Slander, libel and defamation
Compensation for Your Personal Injury
Personal injuries can alter the course of your life, and getting the compensation you deserve may be imperative to your future health, income, and quality of life.
However, keep in mind that many states have a statute of limitations for filing injury claims, so contacting a lawyer quickly is essential to getting the compensation you deserve. In Washington, the statute of limitations is three years from the date of the injury.
Here are some of the things Telaré Law considers when evaluating your claim to provide you with maximum compensation:
- Current and future medical expenses
- Lost income and lost earning potential
- Emotional and psychological distress
- Property damage
- Reduced quality of life
Take the legal step
Working with Telaré Law’s personal injury lawyers in Walla Walla, WA can give you the best possible chance of receiving compensation for the injuries you’ve suffered. We know how essential compensation is when you’re injured because of someone else’s negligent actions, and we want to make sure you get what you’re owed. Take a legal step towards getting your claim.
How to Maximize Your Personal Injury Settlement
If you suffered injuries because of someone else’s carelessness, you have the right to pursue compensation. What you say and do from now on can affect the amount of compensation you receive. Here are a few tips to maximize your personal injury settlement.
- See a Doctor Promptly. One of the biggest mistakes accident victims make is not seeing a doctor right away. This won’t just jeopardize your health. It can also hurt your settlement. The negligent party’s insurance company may try to argue that you aren’t truly injured if you didn’t seek medical care immediately. As such, you should see a doctor right after your accident. He or she will properly evaluate your injury and recommend the proper treatment. Be sure to get copies of your medical records.
- Gather Evidence. You can’t win a personal injury settlement without sufficient proof. That’s why you should start obtaining evidence as soon as possible.. For instance, if you were injured in a car accident, your personal injury lawyer in Walla Walla, WA may suggest taking photos of the accident scene, including all the vehicles involved, traffic signs and skid marks on the road.
- Be Careful About What You Say on Social Media. If you’re trying to pursue compensation for an injury, you have to be especially cautious about what you post on social media. For instance, if you’re claiming a neck injury from a car accident, but post a photo of you hiking in a park, it could hurt your case.
- Don’t Take the Insurance Company’s First Settlement Offer. When your medical bills continue to pile up and you’re unsure of when you can return to work, you may be tempted to take the insurance company’s first settlement offer. However, this could hurt you in the long run. No matter how nice they might seem, the insurance company doesn’t have your best interest in mind and will try to offer you the lowest possible settlement. It’s best to wait it out and allow your lawyer to negotiate a fair settlement. You don’t know if your injury will require long-term medical care.
- Hire a Skilled Lawyer. You don’t want to pursue a lawsuit without a personal injury lawyer in Walla Walla, WA. An experienced lawyer will know how much your injury is truly worth and won’t let the insurance company take advantage of you.