Kennewick Truck Accident Lawyers
Relentless representation for commercial vehicle accident victims in WA
Commercial truck drivers regularly use Interstate-82 to deliver raw materials, equipment, and consumer goods to Kennewick. While these goods make life easier, they come with a price. Semi-trucks are heavy, big, and difficult to control. Cars and motorcycles are simply no match for the size and weight of an 18-wheeler in a collision.
At Telaré Law, our Kennewick truck accident lawyers fight for drivers, passengers, and others who are seriously injured in a crash. We also represent families when a loved one dies due to a truck accident. Our lawyers are respected by former clients and insurance companies alike for our ability to quickly and thoroughly investigate how the accident occurred and determine who is liable. We work with your physicians and our network of doctors to show the long-term medical care you’ll need, why you can’t work, and the extent of your pain and suffering. When you need help in Southeast Washington, Telaré Law is ready. Call today.
How can we help?
- How deadly are truck accidents?
- What kinds of injuries do Kennewick truck accident victims suffer?
- What are the common types of truck accidents near Kennewick?
- What are the causes of truck accidents in Washington?
- Who can be liable for a Kennewick truck accident?
- What is the value of a Kennewick truck accident?
- Do you have a truck accident lawyer near me?
How deadly are truck accidents?
According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA):
- More than 5,200 large trucks and buses were involved in deadly crashes in 2019.
- From 2016 to 2019, using data from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, the number of crashes involving large trucks and buses increased from 112,000 in 2015 to 127,000 in 2019.
When trucks and cars collide, the people in the car usually suffer the most serious injuries because even small trucks are usually much larger than cars. Commercial trucks such as semis and heavy haulers often crush cars when there is a collision. An airbag or seatbelt can’t protect you when a truck crash barely leaves you room to breathe.
What kinds of injuries do Kennewick truck accident victims suffer?
The injuries that drivers, passengers, and others suffer in a truck accident are mostly the same as the injuries that car accident victims. The main differences are that the injuries are generally more severe, victims are more likely to suffer multiple injuries, and more victims are likely to die.
At Telaré Law, we handle cases where victims never fully recover. We represent victims who often need a lifetime of care. Many of our clients require multiple operations and need to work with more than one type of therapist.
Some of the types of personal injury cases our Kennewick lawyers handle include:
- Vision loss
- Hearing loss
- Damage to kidneys and other internal organs
- Nerve damage
Our lawyers work with your medical team to understand all the medical care you or a loved one is likely to need for the rest of your lives.
What are the common types of truck accidents near Kennewick?
Many truck accidents happen the same way that car accidents happen. Truckers may tailgate, speed, or blow a red light at an intersection. Trucks that pass or merge improperly or fail to yield when the law requires it are likely to strike another truck or car.
There are accidents that are unique to trucks, especially tractor-trailers and trucks carrying cargo. At Telaré Law, our Kennewick personal injury attorneys represent victims and families when the following types of truck accidents occur:
Accidents such as jackknifes, and rollovers are uniquely dangerous because they often cause multi-vehicle accidents. As cars try to avoid the trucks, they often collide with other vehicles or slam into roadway obstructions.
What are the causes of truck accidents in Washington?
Truck accidents are often the result of driver negligence, though that is not the only cause; dangerous roadways, unsafe practices by management, and other outside factors (including poor weather and wildlife) can lead to a devastating crash. But no matter what the cause, Telaré Law in WA can help. Contact us if you were injured in a wreck with an 18-wheeler involving:
- Driver intoxication
- Driver fatigue
- Driver distraction
- Improper turns
- Failure to address blind spots
- Failure to yield
- Speeding or other traffic violations
- Poor visibility or other weather conditions
- Improperly loaded the cargo and debris spills
- Improper training and supervision of drivers
- Improper maintenance of vehicles
Almost every truck accident is preventable. If every driver followed the Washington state traffic laws, common sense, and trucking industry standards, most accidents would never happen. Our Kennewick truck accident lawyers work with investigators, the police, and traffic reconstruction experts (when necessary) to help prove why the driver was negligent. We question all witnesses. We question every defendant.
Our lawyers examine the path and control of the truck from the initial journey through the accident itself. We demand that the drivers and trucking companies produce records required by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and the FMCSA. Step-by-step, we build your case to show what the drivers and trucking companies acted negligent, and that their negligence caused your injuries or the death of your family member.
Who can be liable for a Kennewick truck accident?
Everyone who causes a truck accident deserves to be held accountable. Our Kennewick truck accident lawyers file claims against:
- Truck drivers
- The owners of the truck
- The trucking company that requested the shipment
- The broker that arranges the shipment
- Other trucking companies involved in the delivery
- The makers of defective truck parts, such as defective hydraulic and defective electrical systems
- Any governmental agencies or entities responsible for the design or maintenance of the road
- Sellers of alcohol to drivers who were visibly intoxicated when served
In some cases, we file claims against an employer who may be vicariously liable for the negligence of an employee. In multi-vehicle accident cases, we file claims against all negligent drivers and parties.
What is the value of a Kennewick truck accident case?
Truck accident cases often lead to substantial losses and damages. When victims survive, their life is usually never close to what it was before the accident. Many truck accident victims live with constant pain.
Washington State injury victims may be entitled to compensation for the rest of their lives for their:
- Medical expenses. This includes ER care, surgeries, visits with specialists, family doctor care, physical therapy, and occupational therapy. Medical compensation also includes assistive devices and medication.
- Lost income and benefits. Workers are entitled to compensation for the wages they lost while they recovered, as well as their loss of future earning potential.
- Pain and suffering. This amount is for the victims’ chronic pain, daily aches, frustrations, anxiety, worries, and depression. It covers both physical and mental trauma.
- Scarring and disfigurement. Victims of burn and traumatic amputation injuries can demand compensation for the trauma of their condition.
- Property damage. This is the amount to fix or repair a car, truck, or motorcycle, or replace any lost property.
- Loss of consortium. This sum is for the effect the injuries have on your marital relationship.
When a loved one dies, our Kennewick truck accident lawyers demand damages for the wrongful death, which include funeral bills, financial losses, and losses that are personal to the family members.
Do you have a truck accident lawyer near me?
Telaré Law meets clients in Kennewick at 819 South Auburn St. We also meet people at our Richland office and at their home or a hospital if they can’t come to an office.
Speak with a highly-respected Kennewick truck accident lawyer today
Don’t delay. There are strict time limits for filing your claim. We need to investigate the accident site as soon as possible. At Telaré Law, our Kennewick truck accident lawyers have earned the respect of our legal peers in the Tri-Cities area and throughout Washington state. We have an impressive record of settlements and verdicts.
To discuss your right to compensation, call our lawyers at 509-737-8500 or use our contact form to schedule a free consultation. We represent truck accident victims and families who live in Kennewick, Richland, Pasco, Walla Walla, Pullman, Othello, Moses Lake, Ritzville, and all Southeast Washington. We represent accident clients on a contingency fee basis.
- When You Need a Kennewick Truck Accident Lawyer, You Need Telaré Law
- I-82 Sees a Lot of Truck Accidents
- Semi-Truck Turns and Your Safety
- Why Truck Cargo Spills Are So Dangerous
- Would Speed Limiters Reduce Truck Accidents in Washington State?
- Why Truck Jackknife Accidents Happen
- Help For Victims of Rollover Truck Accidents
- Distracted Truck Drivers Can Cause Deadly Accidents
- Multi-Vehicle Collisions Involving Trucks
- Commercial Trucks and Hydroplaning Accidents
- What Are Bridge Strikes?
- Why Do So Many Truck Accidents Happen on Rural Roads?
- Do I Really Need a Lawyer For a Truck Accident?
- When Is a Trucking Company Liable For a Crash?
- The Dangers of Semi-Truck Blind Spots
- What Is Broker/Shipper Liability?
- What Are Underride Truck Accidents?