Kennewick Uber & Lyft Accident Lawyers
Experienced representation for anyone injured in a WA rideshare accident
People who need rides in Kennewick and the greater Tri-Cities region are using Uber and Lyft rideshare services more and more. The advantages for the riders are that it is easy to schedule a ride, you know where the driver is, so you don’t have to wait outside long, and the rates are usually cheaper than taxis. Drivers like the opportunity to make more money. There are serious disadvantages, though. The drivers aren’t properly vetted, and many drivers are focused on their apps instead of traffic. Rideshare drivers are just as likely to cause a car accident as any other driver.
At Telaré Law, our Kennewick Uber and Lyft accident lawyers understand the unique challenges of these types of crashes. We understand when Uber & Lyft are responsible for your injuries or the death of a loved one – and when just the driver is liable. Our lawyers have a strong record of success in obtaining jury verdicts and settlements. We represent the rideshare passengers, the rideshare drivers, and drivers and passengers of other vehicles throughout Southeast Washington, so call today to get started.
How can we help?
- What kinds of Uber & Lyft accident claims do you handle?
- What are the common causes of Uber accidents in Kennewick?
- What types of serious injuries do Uber accident victims suffer?
- Who is liable for an Uber or Lyft accident in Kennewick?
- What insurance covers my Uber injury claim?
- How much is my Kennewick Uber accident claim worth?
- Do you have an Uber & Lyft accident lawyer near me?
What types of Uber & Lyft accidents do you handle?
Telaré Law represents people who were injured while traveling in an Uber or Lyft vehicle, or who were injured by an Uber or Lyft vehicle. We represent victims of:
- Head-on crashes
- Broadsides/T-bone crashes
- Rear-end collisions
- Multi-vehicle accidents
- Single-vehicle accidents
- Accidents when a passenger is getting into or out of the car
- Accidents due to defective auto parts
What are the common causes of Uber accidents in Kennewick?
Rideshare accidents are generally caused by the negligence of the rideshare driver or the negligence of another driver. Most Uber and Lyft accidents happen for the same reason any type of car accident happens. These reasons include:
- Drunk driving
- Driver distraction
- Driver fatigue
- Failing to yield
- Driving too fast for traffic conditions or the weather
- Other traffic violations
Many rideshare accidents in Southeast Washington occur because the Uber or Lyft driver is using his/her app to schedule the next ride. Many rideshare drivers don’t know how to get to their destination – so they’re constantly focusing on their GPS system instead of traffic.
What types of serious injuries do Uber accident victims suffer?
At Telaré Law, our rideshare attorneys represent victims who suffer catastrophic, permanent, and serious injuries. Catastrophic injury victims require a lifetime of care and the ability to use one or more parts of their anatomy. Rideshare victims with permanent or serious injuries never fully recover or live with a lifetime of pain.
Our Kennewick Uber & Lyft lawyers represent drivers, passengers, pedestrians, motorcycle riders, and bicycle riders who suffer:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord damage
- Severe burn injuries that usually require skin grafts and plastic surgery
- Traumatic amputation/limb loss
- Internal organ damage
- Permanent vision or hearing loss
- Compound and multiple fractures
We work with your doctors and our network of doctors to verify your diagnosis, understand all the medical care you will need, and appreciate all the ways your injuries have changed your life.
Who is liable for an Uber or Lyft accident in Kennewick?
In Washington, the possible defendants in an Uber or Lyft accident lawsuit include:
- The rideshare driver
- Another driver
- The owners of the vehicles involved in the accident
- A maker of defective auto parts
- Other defendants depending on how the accident happened
What insurance covers my Uber injury claim?
At Telaré Law, our Kennewick lawyers understand the complex issue of insurance coverage for an Uber or Lyft accident. The following insurance policies are used to pay for your damages – depending on how the accident happened.
- The liability insurance of any responsible driver. All drivers, whether they are rideshare drivers or not, are required to have minimum liability insurance in the following amounts:
- $25,000 for injuries or death to one victim
- $50,000 for injuries or death to multiple victims in one accident
- $10,000 for property damage
Drivers should buy the maximum amount of insurance they can afford.
Drivers who use their vehicle for a transportation network company such as Uber or Lyft are required to have higher “commercial” liability insurance amounts in some Washington locations. The higher amounts are:
- $100,000 for injuries or death to one victim
- $300,000 for injuries or death to multiple victims in one accident
- $25,000 for property damage
- Uber and Lyft insurance. Uber and Lyft are required to have the following insurance coverage:
- Before a ride is accepted. $50,000 per person for bodily injury, $100,000 per accident, and $30,000 for property damage.
- After a ride is accepted until the passenger is discharged. “Combined single limit liability coverage in the amount of one million dollars for death, personal injury, and property damage,” and “underinsured motorist coverage in the amount of one million dollars.”
- Uninsured/underinsured (UM/UIM) coverage. Rideshare and accident victims may be entitled to payment for their damages from their own UM/UIM carrier – if the other insurance coverage does not compensate you fully.
Rideshare accident victims may also be entitled to personal injury protection insurance. This insurance pays some damages such as some medical bills regardless of fault.
How much is my rideshare accident claim worth?
Uber and Lyft accident victims are entitled to compensation for all their economic and personal losses. Damages in any rideshare accident lawsuit include:
- All medical bills. Victims with catastrophic or serious injuries need medical care for the rest of their lives.
- All lost income. This amount includes losses through the date of the trial or settlement – and all future losses.
- Pain and suffering. You’re entitled to compensation for all your aches, pains, stresses, and anxiety.
- Other damages including:
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Loss of bodily function
- Loss of consortium
- Property damage
If your loved one dies in an Uber or Lyft accident, we can also seek funeral and burial expenses through wrongful death claims and survival actions.
Do you have an Uber & Lyft accident lawyer near me?
Telaré Law meets clients at our Kennewick office located at 819 South Auburn St. We have a Richland office too. We meet clients at their homes or a hospital when necessary.
Speak with our Kennewick Uber & Lyft accident lawyers today
At Telaré Law, we handle the tough cases. We represent clients who never fully recover from their injuries. Our lawyers handle complex cases such as Uber & Lyft cases where liability and insurance issues require skilled representation. We investigate the cause of the accident, review phone and app records, question witnesses, and do everything necessary to prepare your case for trial. To talk with an experienced Kennewick trial attorney, call us at 509-737-8500 or use our contact form to schedule a free consultation. We represent Uber & Lyft accident victims on a contingency fee basis. Our lawyers represent accident victims who reside in the Tri-Cities of Kennewick, Richland and Pasco, as well as Walla Walla, Pullman, Othello, Moses Lake, Ritzville, and all Southeast Washington.